Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Gmail!

FYI... In case you haven't heard, Google is going into the e-mail biz. GMail is Google latest product targeted at Microsoft Hotmail, Yahoo, and other free e-mail services.

I've been on Gmail for about a month, and while I haven't had a total flood of e-mail, I've been pretty happy with the features (despite some of the controversy). One of the main advantages of Gmail is that they give you 1 Gig of storage right off the bat. That means that you don't have to worry that much about deleting out old e-mails. Google's search function also lets you go back through old e-mails to find that long lost message that you thought was gone.

Finally, one of the cool things about Gmail is that, since the service is new, there are still a few cool names left (unlike Hotmail or other services that have been out there for a while). I couldn't get Steve@ or Hammond@ but I did get one I like. I have approximately 8 Gmail invites if anyone is interested in trying out the service then drop me a message below with your e-mail and I send you an invite!

No comments: