Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Snowshoe Recovery Plan

On December 8th I had foot surgery. For the last couple of years I had a condition known as Hallux Limitus on my left foot. The surgery involves cutting the bone for my big toe joint in two, shaving off some of the bone, then screwing it back together (Most of the links have gory pictures thus I have spared you any click throughs ;-)
Since the surgery I have had limited walking ability. At three weeks out the doctor recommended increasing my exercise to start reconditioning the muscles in the foot. Since snowboarding is out I tried some snowshoeing over the weekend. Here are a few picts for your enjoyment.

Snowshoes on.... Left shoe laced up lightly....


Residual Pogonip frost on pine needles


Looking down on Lake Tahoe about 1.5 miles into the hike.

No comments: