Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Starting off in Reno...

Well… A few people asked me about the bachelor pad out here so I figured I’d provide a little feedback. The apartment is a little sparse right now. I drove out with all our camping equipment so I've got mini, folding pots and pans to cook with and a sleeping bag and air mattress for a bed.

Apartment living is pretty amusing. I'm close to UNR (Univ. of Nevada - Reno) so I have strange mix of college kids, retirees, and various immigrant families in my apartment complex. The family next to me is Muslim. Every day after riding home I enjoy a nice cold beer on my outside porch. Oftentimes their two little kids are playing on their porch and the Dad gives me a nervous grin every time he sees me sucking down a cold one in front of his kids.... The other evening I was recuperating in the pool after a hot, 100F ride home and got asked to participate in a "chicken fight" with a bunch of kids in the pool. Next thing you know, Marcus, a 5 year old, had his legs locked around my neck and was grappling with his sister. School should begin soon and I won't have to worry about Marcus trying to send me to the Chiropractor...

No comments: